Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heat Wave

We are experiencing a massive heat wave here on the East Coast. In fact, it is after 10:00 p.m. and it is still 90 degrees! We've got 102 degrees to look forward to tomorrow. Yikes! And all I really want to do in the whole entire world is make some cream soap. I love cream soap because it's not a liquid soap and it's not a solid. It's this amazing mix of both and, for an amateur chemistry junkie like me, making this soap is one of the most fascinating processes to watch. The process, however, requires cooking the soap in a large double boiler for about three hours, and that does not sound like the greatest idea right now. On a regular day, the process steams up our entire apartment! So for now, I can only dream about soap. Soon, though, I hope to get more cream soap cookin' -- and maybe even mix in some ground apricot seeds for a double-duty body scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment